Embroidery: Needlecase

Last embroidery class I went to I made fabric swatches using scraps stuck to a base of interfacing with bondaweb, and then sewn over. The one I produced in class I wasn’t too keen on as it was green and red and looked way too Christmassy for my taste – see previous post ranting about seasonal stuff.

So when I got home I had another go – using wool, ribbon, feathers and fabric from my own stash – and whipped up something a bit funkier. The resulting swatch of fabric I made into a needlecase.

needlecase

needlecase

It’s not the most awesome thing in the world, but of the items that I’ve made so far on my course it’s the one I’m happiest about.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s




What I’ve been twittering

Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.

What I've been tagging...

What I've been taking pictures of...

IMG_6596

IMG_6595

IMG_6594

IMG_6592

IMG_6590

More Photos

RSS What I’ve been listening to…

  • An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.

%d bloggers like this: